Tuesday 23 August 2011

Plodding On

Well Angies face is worse than before now, as both eyes are now black, but we are hoping it all fades quickly. I have just done day 2 of my 11 day campaign, that culminates in my long weekend at the start of September. we are attending a colleagues 25th wedding anniversary party, and Angie is accompanying me to meet an old friend from my teen days, that I have met up with on FB,and im ok because she bats for the other side ! Both these occasions will be testing, but I am quite happy on lime & soda, or non alcholic beer.
I think i have already decided this abstaining is continuing after August ends, i have never felt better in myself, I know alcohol does help relieve stress and worry, but only for a small while, and then compounds the worry about money, as you have just blown a load on beer !
We are also invited to a gig this Saturday night, our friends are playing locally, but that depends on how the mrs face is looking. I am also DJing our works social club party on the 10th of Sept, so many tests ahead. I think i will go to step 2 in Sept, and try and lose some weight too.
My friend has stopped drinking,and cut out bread as well. Bread rules my life, will be much harder than quitting beer !!

No comments:

Post a Comment