Friday 13 April 2012

Ho hum

Well time flies! Had my 12 days off, just finished my 3rd day of eight on the trot back in. We have a new spy in the cab now,called Eco driver. I can now drive within the speed limit, reading the road well ahead,whilst giving the passengers a lovely gentle ride. I have put in for promotion at work too, but I have been told there are many applicants for a few positions, que sera :-) It would be weird going into middle management again at nearly 50! I am starting to think about dieting again, there is an amazing weight watchers advert on at the moment,featuring a guy for a change. My work pants have started to hurt me again towards the end of my shift, always a bad sign! We are off to a wedding reception tomorrow, a very sad one, for a young couple we met a few years ago. He has an inoperable brain tumour, with little time left. It sure does put into perspective life's other troubles. Martin the eldest is now in Chicago, back in November or maybe never ! My other eldest son, Carl leaves for Canada on the 15th of May, for ever ! I am also very pleased to hear my friend Sean who worked on nights with me at P&R has done his last night shift last night, and starts a new job on Monday! Oh well, there you go, head now downloaded !

No comments:

Post a Comment